Wednesday, May 10, 2006

What a Day

The first full day in Dublin was amazing fun .
First stop was the Sinn Fein Book store . A must see in every sense of the word .
The T Shirts on sale were very tempting , especially those making reference to Thatcher . Apparently sales are brisk .But for the round neck I would have bought .
On then to a hop on / hop off bus ,tour bus and it wasn't long until I had spotted a fur shop .
We had to go in and yes, there was a wonderful silver fox fur coat. Sensual , sexy , sophisticated ....... Seventh heaven is the best way to describe my feelings . Photos taken show me a very happy vixen. Prices were discussed and I am 'considering ' purchase.
From there to the Guinness Store . Here I have to say the pint of Guinness at the end of the 'tour ' is a must .
Back to the bus with rather wobbly legs we stayed on board until where ever ! All I do know is that Guinness makes miss vixen tipsy and the sight of the Dublin tram line has me hysterical with laughter ....... Reader there is a reason for this . More photographs and then out and in to the country .
Just eleven miles from Dublin Centre and I could well have believed this was indeed Cork .
There, a spectacular meal was cooked for me. Red wine was served and it's great to report that Jamie Oliver could not have done a better job .
I do have some lovely friends and one had made sure that I had had a day never to be forgotton..........
Chauffered back to my hotel I fell asleep under the covers

No comments: