Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Miss Vixen in Dublin













It was pouring with rain when I left Hastings today. Still ,the train was on time . Mind you for me to to catch it, the manager of the Hotel offered a lift to the station as no taxis were available at that hour. They were busy with "school runs" . So poor is the Hastings bus service that children commandeer the majority each day.
Lucky that my Vixen eyes are the right colour.
LHR was as ever ......... No words can describe this place . However, again I was lucky (Must be the eyes !) A text arrived from a contact in Ireland inviting me to telephone them and they would call me back . This I did and an hour later was still sitting on my luggage trolley passing the time .
So it was with a good feeling that I boarded the Aerlingus flight to Dublin .
Dublin was described as being overcast yet within minutes of landing the sun was shining .... A night out at Temple Bar proving good fun . Even more so in the company of a bright designer who is presenting a new theme to Guinness tomorrow .
In less than twenty four hours I have experienced so much kindness ,friendliness and fascination today . There was also the elderly Irish couple..... Married forty years ,the wife is now of the opinion it rates as a ridiculous institution. Her wit and dry humour being matched by that of her husband . Then a French woman who got talking to me . The waitress from Prague and so many more .
Travel is sometimes exhausting and can be full of setbacks but it always enables you to experience the good in others not to mention being given the chance to peep into the window of their life.
Joan Collins you may ask . What about the remarkable Joan ?
Reader you will have to wait . I promise you will be getting a piece .

No comments: