Monday, May 22, 2006

I must go down to the sea again ......

Oh how I am missing the sea sending me to sleep and waking me ............
Sure there are those who must think this craving is akin to madness . Maybe it is .
Then yesterday I had the nicest thing happen to me . Again ,really simple but for me ,special.
Whilst driving in Ireland I enjoyed the radio , especially RTE lyric fm .
Driving hundreds of kilometers didn't matter with such music and chat . Once back in Berlin I did my homework ,found them on the net , installed as a favourite and sent in a request by email . Never expecting for one minute ........ but ........
Imagine the thrill when I heard that Helena Mikas in Berlin had been in touch .
My wish came true as especially for me they played the aria from The Pearl Fishers .
Yes ,Miss Vixen does have an extremely soft side and the memories this particular piece awakens are lovely.
During my travels ,snippets of it had been on air as part of a contest they were running . Tomorrow at a venue in Wexford some lucky people will enjoy this and so much more at an evening of 'music on the lawn' .
Helena Mikas alias Miss Vixen will be with them in spirit and hoping they get good weather .
Mind you if they are like me they couldn't care less .
For those not familiar with RTE lyric fm do try it .
As for me ---- Inchydoney I am coming back .

No comments: