Friday, May 05, 2006

Blake's Jerusalem !!

If I say today has been a terrible day I am not telling a lie .
First the shower did not wish to work .The management had to come and fix it. Then the broadband connection for the PC had a spook which played tricks with the signal strength disconnecting just as one pressed send . After that , just to make life a teeny bit more stressed it removed all network availability from my mobile phone .
Oh truly fabulous !! The hotel then had problems opening an outside line for my phone ..
A friend in Berlin who is a whiz with time tables has been trying to find an alternative route to LHR for Monday . No matter what I do it will take hours and as they said ( any patriotic zealots do take note ,friend is British)" UK is anything but reliable so ultimately timetables mean very little."
Is this a major world player of a country? In my opinion no , not at all.
Yes, I now live in a country and city where things do work . Before I left Britain years ago I knew things were far from right .They are now so diabolical it horrifies me .
What is even more frightening is that the general public feel that to openly express discontent is being a traitor . Blake's Jerusalem is functioning rather like the former DDR. Oh what a black joke that is .

No comments: