Friday, May 05, 2006

My Nightmare of the Fourth

Nobody suffers jet lag due to a Berlin / London flight ! Indeed ,even on the longest journey I'm fine .
However nothing punishes me as much as "British Rail Lag",
Today I can report feeling , disoriented , sleepy and fractious . All of which is highly distressing to.............. Miss Vixen !
With a body that is acclimatized to order , service ,cleanliness and manners the shock of LHR to Charing Cross mainline station plus the horrors that then followed at Charing Cross and reader I cannot wait to leave !!!!
Having been told to go to another station ( yes MORE technical problems were plaguing BR ) yet three times not allowed through the barrier in time to catch the train , I ended up nearly fainting on platform 5 of London Bridge. That due to being made to go platform to platform all minus luggage trolley, elevators, any form of assistance and in 26°c
My BA flight had landed at 13:15 yet I did not get on a train until 17:15.
When I did the journey took nearly one and half hours . No drinks trolley, people sitting on the floor and I for one ,didn't find the toilets .
I've resolved never again to visit this country .
I am a British Citizen and yes ,still pay tax to this country.
Yet it would appear amongst other ridiculous things they are also too busy spending on :-
a) keeping troops where they should never be .
b) paying toward hairdressers bills !
c) footing the bill for a private jet for a PM who is not content with BA.

Nobody seems bothered by such .......
Brainwashed from birth to believe that "Brittania Rules the Waves ". Have I got news for them.
They certainly don't have any ideas as to how to run a network of efficient transport and so much more .
Let's hope The Joan Collins concert is worth it ...............

No comments: