Sunday, October 01, 2006

My Biannual Pilgrimage

Catholics try to make it to Lourdes or Rome . Muslims to Mecca . Jews to Jerusalem . Miss Vixen ..... HOSPITAL ! Awful but true .
For the last decade or so a biannual visitation to one of these most 'unholy places 'has been made . Usually due to an accident . Yes , I am notoriously prone to such .
This time it's somewhat different . A total replacement for my knee joint is called for and I for one am now looking forward to it .
All stems fromt an RTA years back when a drunken driver knocked me down smashing my legs and hips into rather too many pieces .
As those who know me can testify I was truly sensationally reassembled and could outpace most in any number of situations.
This summer I had X:Rays which revealed that my long suffering knees were packing up .The sudden agonizing pain was their way of telling me .
So October 10th I go into Buch Krankenhaus . On the 11th I have my operation . Three weeks later I come home , only to pack my case again and go away (hopefully to the Ostee for my Cure ) Reader ,I can tell you now ,after a morning of mud baths , massage and hydrotherapy , Miss Vixen will be walking elegantly along the sea front wearing her mink and boots .
I am to have my own room and internet connection too,so contact with the world and my blog will be maintained.
The Orthopaedics Professor has been wonderful. Indeed so many have . At first I was afraid . No more though . Am packing my bag as if for a holiday . This foxylady will soon out run any .. Several have challenged me.......... To these I say fine but you have been warned ........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you dont know me but i read you and want to say get well Miss Vixen.

miss_vixen said...

Thanks lol I'm determined there are a million good reasons to motivate me .

Anonymous said...

hey miss vixen you are a lady with style , humour and drive .you'll out run the lot of them.......