Sunday, January 07, 2007

So much for the 'opium of the people'.


As regular readers know , last year ,I left all religion.
News serves to illustrate that for me, it was the right decision .
Now a 'scandal' involving the Polish Archbishop of Warsaw ,Stanislaw Wielgus.
His resignation follows accusations that he collaborated with the Communist secret service .
To this I ask, " so what ?" .
1 The Roman Catholic Church in Germany did such with Hitler . Can one better that ?
2 The present Pope , was himself a member of the Hitler youth . I don't see him resigning .
3 Prior to German Unification the RC cathedral was in East Berlin. Significant ? I have no idea and consider it unimportant .
The Christian religions are built on forgiveness . So much for those words ,"let him who is without sin cast the first stone "
I will continue doing my best to be a human and in the knowledge that the only real sins in my eyes are as follows :-
not appreciating each other --------- trying to play God .

No comments: