Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Truth For The Day

Posted by Picasa




Carrie Bradshaw [Sex and City] has some pretty shrewd observations. For example :-

When it comes to life and love, why do we believe our worst reviews?

Oh so true and oh so sad . Why, I ask myself do we do this ?
Take me for example. An English woman in Berlin and for too many years a target of constant criticism for my spoken German . Note: not Germans [OK one was ,but she liked nothing about yours truly ] Most were Brits ,Italians etc .
In the last two months a guy who is a moderator at RBB the main broadcasting service was complimentary and then a lady, who is a part of the Goethe Institute hierarchy . Neither had any ulterior motive and on each occasion only German had been spoken .So now I've learned something much more important than Dative ,Accusative , or Genitive .
I've realized that I'm pretty good .






No comments: