Saturday, June 10, 2006

At Last ---World Cup 2006

Anybody who doesn't know its the World Cup must be experiencing problems on a grand scale .
Love it or loathe it, the fun and games has begun and I for one enjoy it.
If it means less of a certain grinning President not to mention his buddy , ( "please let me be a president too") Prime Minister with his latest freebie holiday scam.... then great , magnificent........give Miss Vixen football.
Sure these players get paid lots of money but so do that not very dynamic duo along with their henchmen and since when were they enjoyable ?
Miss Vixen likes the game , the colour the atmosphere and yes , she has to confess to being somewhat fascinated by footballers legs !
For me this event is preferable to the Olympics which is plagued and marred by doping scandals .
Football is a sport played world wide and is accessible to the poorest of the poor .
Wherever I go I never cease to marvel at the energy and passion put into this game . Man U and Beckham should really appear in the essential vocabulary list of every traveler's guide .
The length of each game is perfect plus for me awakens some fond memories of my early teaching days. This year these memories have developed a positive idea.
A year at an inner city school found Miss Vixen responsible for swimming and sport as extra activities. After school and in all weathers ,she was to be found riding a bicycle around the pitch taking training sessions !!!
Today England have their first match . I will be wearing my new rather sexy England top and cheering them on .
Lots of games are yet to be played . I wont be glued to the box ! For the 'biggies' I'll go to the venues where party spirit prevails .
But don't worry no couch potato is likely to develop over the next weeks .
I have decided a great way of joining in(yes back to legs ), is as follows :-
Riding one's exercise bike whilst viewing guarantees 90 minutes fantastic , fitness training . Last night I was out watching the opening game . On my return this brilliant notion was put into practice .How did it feel at the end ?
Hmmmmmm well I cant really say as you see I got a phone call ....................
Yes I could have said call back later but that was fun of another kind and not just any caller .Mind you next time may see me doing both ....I feel sure this particular caller wouldn't object !!!!
Finally. This event forces us to realize that there are other countries .
Other national anthems . Other flags and that this world is not an exclusive white Caucasian club.
That alone makes it worthwhile .

No comments: