Saturday, June 10, 2006

An Afternoon in Istanbul with Miss Vixen



There are several 'gateways' into the Grand Bazaar. This is one of them and believe me it was an extremely hot day . On entering one is overwhelmed by the range of goods. I really was fit to drop. Who ,I wondered bought all the wares and how ever did so many traders make a living ?
Unanswered questions.







At last I see the Blue Mosque with it's distinctive 'six' minarets.
Once inside I was to see something rather unusual..
Not exactly in keeping ,but, a sign of the times .















Infront of me a group of children sit with their teachers . I am fascinated that a Beckham T Shirt is worn with pride. It never ceases to amaze me . One can be in any country , not speak the language , but Beckham is a starter for 10 !
Let's hope the wearer can do as well as his "hero David".








Outside and ready to walk to the Galata bridge .... or am I ?








The fisher men on the Galata Bridge are quite a feature. This wonderfully weathered character was so proud to pose with the sardines he had caught . I was offered several free of charge . But .... declined gracefully .
It had been a long but enjoyable afternoon and all that was needed now was a shower. A short rest then out for an evening ........

No comments: