Thursday, March 01, 2007

Says it all !






Last night the laptop went crazy . No doubt overwhelmed by this place. The password wouldn't unlock it and things sure looked bad . Mind you ,as a result I have to report that I did meet several rather nice men who, having done their best to help me ,insisted on buying drinks and a meal... ( ladies take note )
This morning armed with Toshiba workshop addresses a nightmare began .Taxis here are OTT with their rates and , wait for it, cost me just short of £50 in fares !
Having warranty ,I got a new keyboard ( yes there lay the problem) and all functioned, except this new one is Swedish ,the other was German so Tower of Babel became order of the day as letters typed incorrectly . Due to the endless patience of this man who runs the main Toshiba workshop things were sorted .Later Toshiba support line proved amazing as they ordered a German keyboard to be sent to Berlin and went through other problems .
Toshiba are tops in Sweden .
As I returned from my treks I saw a tram with a most apt destination . Why was I angered ? The rather stupid concierge had failed in his job .
I had asked about public transport and been fobbed off .He was too lazy to find out Had he done my £50 would have been £ 4 at the most .
So if you are ever in Gothenburg on a wet, wet, day ,try Toshiba but with public transport !

No comments: