Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Retrospective .

 
Posted by Picasa


As ever,being back in Berlin is magic. Sweden and Denmark are fabulous , but for me this strange city is the tops !
Today I was asked what made the biggest impression on me during my travels. Difficult, but after due thought and consideration the winners are -------
1) the archipelagos off the coast of Sweden. These are hauntingly beautiful .My small collage does not even begin to come close .A good reason for you to visit.
2) the Danish Film Institute in Copenhagen. I may well go once a month just for this . Why ?
From 2pm-10pm each day, one can have access to the film archives . These contain so many sensational documentaries . The range of topics is beyond belief and I was hooked . The first four I pulled,at random mind , were all riveting . That did it .
For my "intermission" there was the restaurant Sult (situated in the building),where the menu is also hard to beat . Suitably refreshed I was back for more viewing.
My only regret is that this wealth of worthwhile media is not for purchase .
One piece however I do plan to try and get. The Institute have given me all details and you can be certain Miss Vixen will do her best.
These were a few of my choices.(with my ratings )
a) Abortion,a lonely choice .A = 9/10
b)Prostitution behind the veil.A+ = 10/10
c) Crime and punishment Arctic style. A+ =10/10
d) My Irish Diary. A = 9/10

No comments: