Friday, September 01, 2006

September

The temperature here has fallen . The days are so much shorter and I feel great .
Have worn my lovely ,long boots and felt fabulous . In two weeks I'll be getting my coats back ! Yes its great but .... why the but ?
In the short time I have been without these items :-
1300 Lebanese civilians have lost their lives through nightmarish bombing . Over a quarter of the entire population of Lebanon has been displaced
Go to www.BloggingBeirut.com and view the videos there . ( you will need MacroMedia Flash player 9 ) Easy to install.
Trust me they should be viewed . With our comfortable lives we need to see the horror which Israel has been allowed to heap upon Lebanon .
I for one cannot understand anyone who is remotely involved in the arms trade .
Be it the management / workers / arms dealers / those who knowingly ship /those who allow cargo jets to land and stop over knowing they are carrying items which spell certain death for many .
Such individuals are all guilty of murder .
Whoever makes cluster bombs knows what they are for ..Whoever transports such likewise .
Yes my fundraiser/party next week will entail much hard work with lots of preparation .But .....
I do have clean water , electricity , an apartment still intact , access to as much food as I need .The list is endless. This is no longer the case in Lebanon and with Israel refusing to lift their blockade life for many is still very bleak.
I also have my boots ,my clothes my books , my PC's and yes ,my life . It is a very grateful Miss Vixen who begins her September 2006.

REMEMBER ::: www.BloggingBeirut.com A must read , can comment, realize solidarity .

No comments: