Friday, May 21, 2010

The Elegance Of The Hedgehog.

Posted by Picasa

The most wonderful film I've ever seen . Based on the book,'The Elegance Of The Hedgehog' by Muriel Barberry ,it's simply beautiful and no words can describe the superb casting , acting and camera work. I wont spoil it for you but report that here is a movie where one is drawn in and experiences every emotion. Set in an elegant Parisian apartment block it centres around the lives and interaction of three characters who live there. Renee a middle aged woman, and Paloma ,a twelve year old girl. Both misfits within their respective 'worlds' they have much in common and then along comes Mr Ozu a Japanese man. Never a fan of blockbusters, it's small films such as this that do it for me. Having seen the original version with German subtitles this much I can say .. I'll view again. Look out for it and let me know your views .For sure , the characters will remain with you when the movie is over . Well they have with me since hedgehogs and foxes have a special relationship ! Happy cinema going .


No comments: