Thursday, September 17, 2009

Seen In The London Scene.


Yesterday I got up at 4:15 am in order to get ready and take the first BA flight to London.
Not my favourite city but well worth it to spend a day with a friend who used to work here .
We had a terrific time catching up on news , latest in books read etc etc . People watching , eating and drinking . At my request she kept me well away from Downing Street and Parliament .
The collage shows our 1st watering hole , a street show in Covent Garden , one of many fountains , Piccadilly Circus , a view of Parliament ,then inside a super Doc Martins shop .
The solo picture was also taken in this shop .I couldn't resist it. Born in Manchester and a lover of double meanings this appealed to my wicked side . British Airways may have lost their edge , terminal five is a nightmare, UK security checks are administered by 'fish wife ' types who bawl and shout ,BUT for friendship , fun and so much laughter ,all of these horrors were bearable.

note:- not only did I walk miles in my new boots , I was given another snowdome as a present !

No comments: