Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Lebanon needs money . HELP PLEASE:

Well so far so good , but a cease fire is a delicate time .Each day I breathe a sigh of relief.
Yet there are so many people who right now are trying to return to'home'.
Only to find , when they get there ,nothing left save rubble.
Can you imagine the feeling ? I for one hope that I never have to know it first hand .
Again I ask you to go to www.BloggingBeirut.com and look at the photographs .
Then I ask you to think of how you can help . 1 euro is as acceptable as the sky which is the limit .Every little helps .
We all have talents so lets think how best to use in a good cause .
I adore Lebanese food and cook it well . So am planning an evening . Yes there will be a big spread with all the favourite dishes from that region .
People will come along and give a donation for their meal .
Then there will also be a raffle . To date business people here are being generous .
How much it will make is yet to be seen. What I do know is it will highlight a cause . Unite people and increase solidarity .(The cuisine is fabulous and so it should work .)
All money raised will be checked by an official and then sent to where best needed in Lebanon .
That's my scheme. Please think what you can do . We all have our homes and comfort .
No bombs raining down from on high have killed our loved ones or mutilated them .
Be thankful and share what we have .........
Miss Vixen would love to hear your ideas for fund raising .You can cotact me .
Let's show Politicians that we wish to be human towards all our fellow men, women and children.

No comments: