Sunday, August 06, 2006

August 6th .

What a date ! What a day .
For those of you who don't know :-
a) It's the anniversary of the Transfiguration of Christ .

b) It's the date the Americans dropped the Atom bomb on Hiroshima.(6.08.1945)

c)It's the date Miss Vixen officially left the Christian faith .(6.08.2006)


All are linked in some weird and not wonderful way .
Today I went to mass for the final time . I merely sat but did not partake . No divine message came to me . I knew there was no such being . For I now know there is no God .
Sure xxxxx years ago a man called Jesus went up in the mountains and suddenly appeared to be glowing in the eyes of his disciples . ( today they would be accused of being on halluciagenic drugs ) I don't say this . I don't even care .All we know is they saw him as 'radiant' .
Then skip many years and USA drops the first of two nuclear bombs on Japan. Result not so much radiance, but radiation and ghastly deaths .
Note .... these are the only nuclear bombs ever used in the world and were dropped by a land who seeks total control and says others are not responsible enough to possess such!
(sorry have I missed something ?)
This land ie ) USA which is so white and Judo/Christian plus sanctimonious is forever banging on about how precious life is...
Well for selective fetus .We have seen Vietnam , Iraq , Afghanistan , and now we see the US involvement in Lebanon.
Those in control break every rule in the so called Jewish book and Christian bible but go unpunished .
Their nasty media tricks have convinced all too many that Muslims are 3rd rate and violent . ( like dropping atomic weapons wasn't )
I was Roman Catholic and note that Pope Benedict has spoken out but once re the middle east situation .
In the church I attended there is a member who last week was proud to inform me of how he would never pray with any intentions for the people in Lebanon.
To him they were Hezbollah and terrorists etc ,etc .
This,my email from Iraq ,coupled with the latest death toll and public indifference was the final straw.
To continue attending mass and listening to talk of chosen people in bible readings was too much .
There are NO chosen people . We are all equal . Each land has the right to develop as it so wishes and is beholden to no other .
If UK / USA and most of Europe can ,then I am sure those lands in the middle east may .
Finally ........No land has the right to invade another.
Today a small child was baptised at the Mass . So 1 joined --1 left .
As I say ,a day to remember ,but for not very happy reasons .

No comments: