Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Ordnung muss sein !!!!!

The other week I was standing at a bus stop ( early morning ) It was bitterly cold , snowing and all in all true Dr Zhivago weather . Contemplating as to why I didnt look quite as good as Julie Christie I was "woken" from my reverie by a scream .
A man resembling a Hollywood actor made up for the part of John the Baptist was coming towards me . His almost bare feet and thread bare clothing did not appear to disturb him .
As he pressed his face against the glass of the shelter I most certainly did for this caused him to emit a true blood curdler and plunge through the bushes where he then entered the main rooad .
The road has six lanes , heavy traffic and although Germans are reputed to be excellent drivers ,they can be extremely aggressive once behind the wheel .
It was with horror therefore that I watched as the man stood arms spread wide facing oncoming vehicles ...... what I wondered would happen ?
The result was amazing . a) it was a Sunday and here order is everything . Nobody blasted the horn . The rule which says driver has right of way was not used .Each vehicle slowed down , stopped or in some cases drove around the wanderer .
He moved around all six lanes with always the same result ..
As my bus came in to sight it too had to stop and wait.. ... Later when boarding it I commented to the driver that it seemed "somebody had a death wish " He informed me that this had been going on now for over an hour ...
Yes I love the German people . We laugh but for sure it's true, " ordung muss sein"

No comments: